Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My First Post

This is my first post.  My first blog.  It's exciting and also, to be honest, a little unnerving.  You'd think at my age I wouldn't be nervous - that I wouldn't care what people think.  In my day job I place content on the web all the time and I don't find that unnerving ... but this?  Perhaps because blogs are personal.  I'm opening myself up for inspection.  People critique blogs all the time.  Perhaps you wouldn't point out the garish colours of someones shirt, but you think nothing of judging and voicing your opinion on someones blog.

So, here I am in my garish coloured shirt and you're probably asking yourself "What is this blog about?"  I have so many different interests in life, but I've decided that my first blog will be about our renovations on our current townhouse and our goal to move into a house with a yard, a workshop for my Husband, a garden for me, space for our young son ... and did I mention that we're thinking of buying this home with my Mom so it needs to have two suites - one for us and one for my Mom?  Some would call us mad, but I love my Mom and can only think of all the positives to doing it this way.  The most obvious reason is that it gives us that much more money to widen our choices; but, for me, it's about the special bond I see between my son and his Oma (grandma).

So, with that in mind, let the madness begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment