Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

In the Eye of the Storm


 
If you've every been in a hurricane, seen them on the news, or watched a movie in which they played a starring role you know that phenomena they talk about - being in the eye of the storm.  Complete chaos all around, but a centre of calm.  I wish I had that ... instead, it's complete chaos, all around, all the time.

This is our master bedroom.  It should be my place of retreat.  A calm, quiet place.  It is fairly quiet, but alas, it's not calming for me.

Having said that, I know from experience that when you feel the most overwhelmed by the mess around you, you are actually moving forward and nearing the end.

A month ago I would have sworn that we wouldn't be able to complete renovations by June, not even by the end of August.  I was thinking it was going to be more like December.  Now, in the middle of this mess?  I see the end.  I have gained hope from this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment