Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Passing on the Love of Photography to Our Children

We took a day vacation this past Friday and went to the Sunshine Coast to stay with my Mom for a few days.  It was a nice, relaxing visit.  On the way back home today we stopped in at Costco to pick up some grass seed, fertilizer ... and I wanted to have a look at their cameras.  Manuel and Walter went off to look at the garden section.  Walter knew I was looking at cameras and he told Dad he wanted a camera.

After we got home and put everything away I remembered that I needed to take some photos of a bike I have.  I haven't been using it very much and a colleague and friend at work has a Nintendo DS system that she's willing to trade ... but she wants to see the bike before committing.  This would be a trade for Walter since his Leapster has about had it and the DS was something I was considering as a replacement.  Trading means we don't have to spend money on something I'm not sure will work out - the Leapster has been the perfect fit so far, but Walter is getting close to outgrowing it.  We've been considering a Leapster 2, a Nintendo DS, or an iPod Touch.  They all have their pros and cons.

Since Manuel had mentioned Walter wanting a camera I asked Walter if he'd like to take some photos while I took photos of the bike.  He was game, so I gave him the Canon PowerShot A1000IS while I took the bigger PowerShot S3IS.  I spent a few minutes explaining how to turn it on and off, how to zoom in and out, and taking the shot.

I think we have a photographer in the making.  Check this out:


That's a hard shot to take and he made a really cool photograph out of it.


My budding photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment