Pages

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Goal Setting

Katy, over at The Non-Consumer Advocate blog, had an entry recently discussing her weekly goal setting.  Springing from her son's obsession with soccer she decided to set a "Goal.Of.The.Week."  Her idea was not to choose something that was incredibly difficult or unattainable within the allotted seven days, but something practical, perhaps even rewarding.

Her post made me think about my own goal setting - both for this blog and for the things I want to get done.  Both intertwine ... I write about the things I accomplish (or struggle with), and I try to accomplish things so that I can write about them.  For me, it's a positive way of getting my rear-in-gear, so to speak.

Of course, picking one thing each week is not my method ... I prefer to pick 2-3 things and give myself a month to do them.  Since I work fulltime and have a soon-to-be six year old, I need enough leeway to succeed.  Having 2-3 things on my goal list lets me move back and forth between them and chances are better that I'll at least get 1/2 - 2/3 of them done.  That's a passing grade in goal setting ;)

Do you set goals for yourself?  Do you use Katy's version, my version, or your own version?  And, of course, how successful are you with meeting your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment