Well, I didn't get any further. Part of it was the daunting task of pulling out all those staples, part was the daunting task of stapling on new fabric. But the biggest obstacle was fabric. There are seven chairs. That's a fair chunk of fabric. I did have some different fabrics already ... but none of them really made me happy - they were either too flimsy for seats, not the right colour-pattern-style, or I just didn't have enough to do everything. So, I put it on the back-burner while I thought of possible solutions. Intermittently, throughout July and August, I checked out possible solutions ... I checked fabric stores - nothing caught my eye. I even thought about using bed linen - but couldn't find something that just hit that sweet spot. Then yesterday, while
Kajsamia - funky, thick, and cheap - I think it will be perfect as a chair fabric. It won't be just a plain, solid colour, yet the black base should make it work with almost any colour scheme we finally develop for the dining room. The pattern of the trees echoes the forest view from the windows of this space, and at the same time provides a bit of whimsy.